CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Don't Drink Soda or Juice

Why do people have such issues with the fact I don't drink soda or juice. Don't get me wrong, if I'm out drinking I'll have Vodka and Cranberry but other then that no juice. Don't even get me started on soda. I gave it up about a year ago. Maybe once a month I'll have a diet soda but that's it.

I was over at my friends parents house a few days ago visiting her and her new baby and her dad who is so damn sweet asked me if I wanted something to drink. I said "water is fine", he then looked at me and was like "Girlfriend, we have wine, beer, soda , juice" I said "No I don't drink wine or beer. I'm good with the water". He then goes "well how about soda or juice" I smiled and said "No I don't drink soda or juice either." His jaw hit the floor, he looked like I just insulted his mother or something.

I didn't think it was that uncommon for people nowadays to not drink sugary drinks. Who wants to drink an 8oz can of sugar? Not me. It's so bad for you, one can of Pepsi has 24 grams of sugar. That's crazy. It's crazy to think that if you stop drinking soda for one year you will lose ten pounds of pure fat.

Drink Water it's better for you anyway

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Im with you. I have slowly given up pop (I was an addict, for real) I dont get how people are shocked that you would pass on 10-12 tsp of pure sugar, yum.